Learning that your child has autism can be overwhelming. You want the best for them, but you’re not sure where to turn for help. Simplified Behavioral Health is committed to offering evidence-based therapy to help children with autism reach their full potential. The SBH family also offers autism resources for parents to help navigate the sometimes-bumpy road of autism.
Autism resources for parents
After your child receives a diagnosis of autism, you want to find the best treatment for them. Applied behavior analysis, or ABA, is an evidence-based treatment for autism, and it is the only autism therapy endorsed by the U.S. Surgeon General.
Every child is different, so our therapists customize treatment to meet the unique needs of each client. Typically, ABA begins by teaching a child basic skills, such as imitating and listening, which form the building blocks for more complex skills, including self-care routines and social interactions. The goal is to modify challenging behaviors and teach new skills to improve a child’s independence, communication, social relationships and quality of life.
When you partner with the compassionate and highly trained professionals at SBH, you and your child benefit from the experience and resources of an experienced provider. The SBH team provides autism resources for parents, allowing you to find treatment to help your child reach their full potential and become a productive member of their family, community and world.
How to get started with Simplified Behavioral Health
You might feel alone and unsure of where to turn after your child receives a diagnosis of autism. To help you start autism therapy for your child, the team from our national autism treatment provider has created a list of important considerations.
- Find care and support for all. You should find needs-based care for your child and your entire family. SBH offers a variety of resources, including home-based and center-based therapy, social skills groups and parent training. We can also connect you and your family with community support groups for autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Certified professionals. Applied Behavior Analysis is a proven therapy for autism. For the best care, verify that Board Certified Behavior Analyst® (BCBA®), Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst® (BCaBA®) and Registered Behavior Technician™ (RBT®) professionals are providing the therapy. SBH only employs the most-qualified ABA treatment professionals.
- Verify insurance. To find out whether SBH accepts your insurance, you can contact our knowledgeable intake team for a complimentary consultation.
Why Chose Simplified Behavioral Health?
As the parent of an individual with autism, you’ve got a lot on your mind. Finding world class ABA therapy services might be high priority, but it competes with your day-to-day responsibilities and the ability to identify truly effective services from those that can waste precious time in helping your loved one.
At SBH, we’ve built our organizational structure around high quality services and endless professional development opportunities for our team. In addition to building a highly skilled team of behavior analysts, we focus on putting our clients first at every step of the way.
Below are just some of the elements that distinguish SBH’s ABA therapy for autism from other providers. Together, our network of industry professionals provide high quality services under a set of clinical and operational best practice standards to ensure a consistent experience for each person we serve.
Elements of SBH’s ABA Therapy Program
- Programs are individualized to each person we serve
- Systematic parent and caregiver training is standard
- Coordination of care takes place across all providers
- All programs are developed and overseen by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Objective performance goals are developed, tracked, and shared with family members
- Clinical processes are carefully mapped with industry best practice guidelines
- Recommendations for ABA therapy use the most recent evidence-based research and literature
- Streamlined, simple intake process
- Strict adherence to the Behavior Analyst Certification Board™ guidelines is always observed